The network device connected to the Student Village Network is part of the University’s network!
The connection holder is responsible for not using the networked device to interfere with other users. Digital Services may restrict or temporarily quarantine the network connection if device is found to spread worms, viruses, other malware, sending spam, being part of the botnet, causing harm to other Student Village Network users or violating common network usage rules. Restrictions will ensure the security of others users of the Student village Network.
The connection holder of the Student Village Network is always obligated to make sure that the features of the programs installed are not prohibited or otherwise harmful to the provisions of the Student Village Network. If the features of the program are ambiguous, the program may not be installed.
Basic rules list
- Do not connect ADSL-devices to the network.
- Do not set your IP address manually. It won’t work.
- Do not use any network scanners or hacking tools (packet generators or any other software that interferes with network traffic). Even probing the network topology is considered as an hostile action.
- Do not activate any network hosting services. Any server you might install is only for personal use. Hosting services to the public is not allowed. However, SSH, IPsec and OpenVPN are allowed for personal use.
- Secure your wireless router with WPA2/WPA3.
- Special expertise is required for Linux and other Unix-type operating systems.